[thelist] [Cold Fusion Question]

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Dec 28 13:08:20 CST 2001

Christopher noted:

+| we have seen occasions where a user's browser will hang in
+| what looks like
+| the CFLocation process.

This happens to me when I do complex redirects... a CFLOCATION to a page
which does a CFLOCATION to the previous page -- in effect a run-away loop --
consistently hangs the browser...

What sometimes causes the occasional behavior is a conditional branch to the
CFLOCATION, like, for instance, I have a login page which sends credentials
to a security module, which does a CFLOCATION to the login page when
credentials don't pass muster. I had set the cookie wrong once, or
something, and the login page would subsequently hit the security module
with the bad creds, and start the vicious loop again... the browser would
hang only if there were bad creds stored. After I introduced code to clean
this up, it got better!

<rory disposition="overworked... and rushed, the no-list police are
breathing at my back!" alt="8o"/>