[thelist] IE Problem - [perhaps a bit OT]

Olly gnarly at gmx.co.uk
Sat Dec 29 18:25:46 CST 2001

Hi all,

I'm messing about on my mum's PC - using Win95. After replacing the modem
(the old one had hamsters in it) I downloaded IE5.5SP2 and installed it. And
now whenever I start up the PC I get the IE4 Welcome window pop up. Except
it looks for res://ie4tour.dll/welcome.htm then comes up with the cannot
find server error. So there is no "dont show me this again" checkbox type
thing.

I've looked about in the registry but I cant see where the hell its called.
Anybody have any ideas how I can stop this?

Cheers,

Olly

PS: A Tip will be forthcoming when my brain is a bit less cloudy - had a big
family party all day and I've yet to fully regain my sanity :-)