[thelist] The use of color (was site header and logo)

Gary Pool gary at whiteroseproductions.com
Wed Jan 2 14:43:52 CST 2002

Combining colors is like combining notes to make a chord.
It is all dependant on the feel one is trying to convey.

What colors go with each other is more a matter of personal choice
than mathematics.
It is the feeling one gets from the color combination that is important.

Coloring a website is like composing music. The site can go any where
from a Classical Orchestral composition  (hey don't forget Frank
Zappa) to a Three Chord Rocker.
So let your creative juices flow and take your audience where you
want them to go!

If you are looking for web colors that are already grouped for you?
I would suggest <coloring web graphics> by Lynda Weinman and Bruce Heavin.
This great reference book  comes with a CD that contains Color
Groupings/Swatches ready to be downloaded into Photoshop.
--
Gary Pool
gary at whiteroseproductions.com
Web Developer White Rose Productions
http://www.whiteroseproductions.com

"10 percent of computer users are Mac users, but remember, we are the
top 10 percent."

- Douglas Adams