[thelist] Also Graphics Related

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Wed Jan 2 14:58:42 CST 2002

Since we're on the subject, I'll post a graphics question Ive had for a week
or so now.

My personal website has a photo album that uses one page to display
thumbnails and another to dynamically grab the image and display it for the
user.  Currently Im manually creating each thumbnail and having to maintain
two directories (one for thumbs and one for original sizes).  Id like to
automate the resizing of the images, but I havent found much in the way of
examples.
I did find a component (ASPImage) that does the resizing but it costs and Id
like to find something free or just write it myself.  I know I can grab the
dimensions of the image and do a HEIGHT= and WIDTH= but that still forces a
DL of the entire image size.

The searches Ive conducted on Google/Dogpile/et cetera havent come up with
anything; does anyone know where to begin with something like this?
Thanks.

--Salvatore