[thelist] Yes, I know you hate frames, but...

Chad Savage :: zTc jg3_savage at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 16:52:34 CST 2002

Let's take for granted that the following question is regarding the use of frames and pretend that everybody's already posted the standard "...of course, the best solution is not to use frames" responses</bitter>.

Does anybody know if it's possible to have the following 3 things happen simultaneously:

[1] Drop the "border" tag from the frameset tags
[2] Have the page validate
[3] NOT have HUGE white outlines around your frames in practically every browser

?

I found that the only way to get rid of those gawdawful white borders was to include "border=0". I tried just "frameborder=0" and "framespacing=0" alone and in combination, but that white border persisted.

Of course, leaving "border" as a tag means the page won't validate.

Is this something fixable, or do I just have to live with it?

Site in question: <http://www.sinistervisions.com> -- it's my first attempt at making a W3C compliant site, and I still have a lot of work to do, so be kind...

::: Chad Savage, aka zTc
::: Jackson Gray 3
::: <http://www.jacksongray3.com>