[thelist] Re: Stats/hosting problem

josh evolt at efeingold.com
Tue Jan 8 12:02:15 CST 2002

Well, if your guess is correct that 70% of it is coming from the large files
then if you manually manipulate the BBS software to only show 100 headers
you should be able to get the site under the 3 meg mark.

If you have a 56K connection, see how long it takes for the page to download
and try to figure out a rough estimate of the size.  I find it hard to
believe that people would wait for a one meg page to load though...

Good luck!
Josh