[thelist] bigger hosting - a trend? (fwd)

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 8 12:23:09 CST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:02:07 -0500
From: Cleo TB1124 <mrscleo at hotmail.com>
To: thelist at evolt.org
Subject: bigger hosting - a trend?

Hi

I've noticed lately something that resembles a trend. While the big dot-coms
have gone crashing, it would seem that smaller sites are getting bigger and
bigger.
On the lists that I frequent (including this one), I see urgent requests for
hosting, because sites are getting kicked off from their regular hosts.
Reasons for those evictions range from " too high bandwidth" , to " load too
high for the servers ".
In fact, I had one site offline for a little over a month till we could find
a host that would take us for a price that we were able to pay. It seems "
small sites"  as in sites done by individuals, not companies, are getting
more and more exposure.

Has anyone else noticed this trend ? Or is it just the specific circles that
I frequent?

What can those sites do? The ad market has crashed, there's no money coming
in. the dotcoms are gone, yet the demand is still there.

cleo/nic/TB1124