[thelist] how secure to store credit cards

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jan 8 18:49:09 CST 2002

PS ... I'm not not asking a question because if I didn't ask it, the
question would be of the dumb kind.

In IIS, on a single physical server, can I use both host headers and
IP addresses to route requests to the correct site like

IP: 216.216.216.1 port 80
host header: domainone.com -> domainone

IP: 216.216.216.1 port 80
host header: domaintwo.com -> domaintwo

IP: 201.167.167.1 port 80  -> domainthree

The documentation says "your network _may_ use a mixture of host
headers and unique IP addresses" ... and I emphasized _may_ because I
can't tell if it's saying it's OK to use a mixture of both on a
single machine, or if it's still trying to explain the difference
between routing through host headers and routing through unique IP's
and taking about the entire network of several physical computers.

Thanks. Everybody rocks.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/