[thelist] Coldfusion: getting javascript variables

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 8 18:50:18 CST 2002

Ok guys, I need some help.

I'm a newbie to ColdFusion and have a question.

I want to be able to retrieve the data in a JavaScript array and put
this into a list or struct in ColdFusion. Now what is the best way to do
this?

One way I thought of was taking my array, turning it into a long string,
and sending the data like this:
  menu.cfm?link1=home&link2=here&link3=ect

Would this work? Any better ideas?

What I need these variables for is to generate a list of links, upon
depending on which link you click, a different set of sub links appear.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ted