[thelist] Problems with late arrivals of JS SRCs

Edwin Martin e.j.martin at chello.nl
Wed Jan 9 07:08:54 CST 2002

Hi Peter Small, at 12:20 9-1-2002 +0000 you wrote:

>Do you know whether the onLoad waits for SRCs called in other SRCs?
>
>If not:
>
>Is there any way I could make sure all SRCs have arrived before activating
>any script and displaying the page in the browser? Sort of checking them in
>as they arrive and activating the whole script only after every SRC has
>checked in?

I've used external .js sources a lot and never had problems using

I don't think using a script at the bottom of a web page is the
right way because a external .js could still be loading while
executing this script.

BTW I wonder how you call a external JavaScript source from
another external JavaScript source, as you mention in the first line.

Bye,
Edwin Martin