[thelist] Problems with late arrivals of JS SRCs

Peter Small peter at genps.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 07:44:43 CST 2002

Hi Edwin,

You wrote:

>BTW I wonder how you call a external JavaScript source from
>another external JavaScript source, as you mention in the first line.

There is a trick to this. You have to break up the code:

var choice="srca.js";
document.write("<scr" + "ipt  SRC ='" + choice + "'></scr" + "ipt>");

Perhaps you can see how I might have a problem with making sure all my SRCs
arrive in time.

It is very useful though,  because you can call different code modules
according to user action (i.e setting the variable "choice" in a
conditional or as a value in a query string).

I use it in organic portals where I need to create a virtual hierarchy on
the fly.

Let me know if you want to see an example.

peter
http://www.avatarnets.com