[thelist] PDF and .zip files

Jason Morehead JMorehead at DigitalIMS.com
Wed Jan 9 16:01:07 CST 2002

hey all...

we have a series of dynamically-generated pdfs on some of our sites that are compressed as .zip files for download.  one of our clients recently noticed that when they downloaded the .zip file to their mac, decompressed the .zip file, and tried to print it, they got a "font not found" error.

however, if they opened their decompression utility (stuffit expander) first, opened the .zip file through expander, and then decompressed it, they had no problems.

is this a cross-platform issue (since .zip files are pc native), a pdf issue, or what?  or should we chalk it up to "user error"?

jason