[thelist] (no subject)

John Eckman eckman at liquidsquid.com
Wed Jan 9 16:33:12 CST 2002

At 03:44 PM 1/9/2002, "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Can somebody tell me the names of two or three most popular Text-Only Web
>Brower, which can run in Windows environment?

One which is often forgotten is Lynx, running on Unix environments via a
telnet session or other shell login.

Some universities/community colleges/public secondary schools/community
non-profits/etc still dialup in a non-ppp way or for some other reason
cannot use web browsers directly, and instead use Lynx in a VT100 window or
the equivalent. Think of the folks who use Pine as an email client -- many
do so for the same reasons.

John