[thelist] Fwd. Linux Documentation Author Werner Heuser threatened

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Jan 10 05:45:46 CST 2002

I'm not sure I'm on the right list to discuss this But I'll give it a try
just to inform you from a french point of view about following snippet :

> This case is another one in the recent series of trademark troubles
> for Free Software projects (SAMBA, Kylix, Kilustrator, SELFHTML, SuSE,
> ..). Therefore this case is very important not only because many of
> these projects have names ending on "iX".

In fact the Editions Albert-Rene have decided a few months ago that "ix" is
a suffix (!) that identifies anything to the comic-book characters. From
what I know they even have registered the suffix "ix" as being theirs.

It's got nothing to do with free software in any way IMHO.

<tip type="Outlook security">
Just in case you can't use another email client and want to increase a
little Outlook's security features.
In Options > Security, you can specify that HTML emails be treated as
"Sensitive sites" (sorry I've got a french version and just hope that it's
called that in english), and then specify that this zone won't execute any
active scripting.
One worry less.
</tip>

s t e f