[thelist] Web site add on software

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Jan 10 10:08:27 CST 2002

> stef,
>
> > > A toolbar to find porn :( I expected something more interesting.
> >
> > Think of it and its potentialities as : a toolbar to browse
> a website, for
> > instance... and BAM, it becomes ten times more interesting...
>
>     Just remember that many evolt readers may open such links using a
> company computer, unaware of the nature of the material they
> are accessing.
> Many companies do not smile on their employees accessing pornographic
> material using company property. As a courtesy to list readers, please
> always warn them if you are offering a link to so-called
> adult material,
> especially if the nature of that link is far from obvious.

OK, actually I was serious and not aiming at giving anyone a "fun" address,
of course (you may know me by now).
But you're right, I'll specify it next time (if ever such a "next time"
occurs).

s t e f
[ nota-bene.org ]

<tip type="server-side elegance">

A few developers I know tend to multiply server-side pages (like a submit
form, say in submit.php, then a verification form, say verif.php) and then
have to maintain several instances of the same code (in my example, the same
form, before and after being filled).

Always try to use the same file with methods to manipulate the data, like so
:
submit.php submits data to submit.php?op=verify
and so on.

</tip>