[thelist] Use JavaScript includes to insert PHP into a site?

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Thu Jan 10 13:29:58 CST 2002

Hey all,

I've got a client that wants a dynamic news section on their home page.  I
built it using PHP and mySQL, based upon the idea that I could use
JavaScript to include the news anywhere on the client's site....

The site is hosted with our local telco, and they have _extremely_ crappy
packages, options, tech support, etc.  the client knows this, but isn't
ready to move the site over onto a custom box yet.  So, everything that I
built that has to be dynamic has been pretty 'modular', in that the actual
programming gets executed on my server, and just the final rendered text
gets shown in the site.

The thing is, I can't figure out how to reference .php file from a different
server so it returns the rendered HTML code... something I'm pretty sure is
possible, 'cause that's how the banner advertising software works (php
driven with javascript includes on all pages)...

Can someone give me a hand?

HUGE tia!

Chris.