[thelist] how design affects ecommerce

Kristy Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 18:31:40 CST 2002

> <tip author=nicole>
> Don't over-validate your forms. Someone somewhere will have valid data that
> does not fit into your validation function.  Phone numbers, addresses, even
> names can vary wildly from one area of the world to another.
> </tip>

On that note, be careful that requiring a field doesn't offend someone.  I had a web form that
required salutation to be selected from a dropdown (Mr. , Miss , Mrs. , Dr. ....) and a donor
called our office to complain that "she never used a title before and wasn't about to start
because our form required it".