[thelist] MySQL through MS Access?

Eöl eol1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 15:25:52 CST 2002

I think you guys are a little to preoccupied with this
whole mysql thing.  I also had a client who solely
uses access for all its databases.  Alls you need to
need do (if you client is happy with still using
access), if just create a php front end for accessing
the Access backend.  You then use your browser as the
*client* app instead of the access front end.

Its rather quiet easy.  First set up your access db in
windows odbc, then read up on the php odbc commands.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.odbc.php

As long as they DON'T USE THE ACCESS FRONT END and
solely use the php front end to access your Access DB,
all should work fine.

Peter