[thelist] ASP/open source/static/dymanic sites pro's and con's

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 15:30:50 CST 2002

>>2. Dynamic versus static sites
>
>DYNAMIC! DYNAMIC! DYNAMIC! DYNAMIC! DYNAMIC!

Thanks, but is this simply because using templates and a database is easier
maintenance?

If I use templates and a database to produce a static site is this a better
or worse solution?

Given that the data isn't time sensitive ( no-one is updating it minute by
minute)  isn't it better to have all the pages there on the server?

I think I'm hearing you right, but I'm looking for a compelling reason to
implement IIS and ASP when I'm starting from scratch.

Anyone?

Thanks

Tony