[thelist] Evening the balance

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Tue Jan 15 06:18:57 CST 2002

I know that I am probably still in debt, so here's a quick tip I came
across today:

<tip author="Michael Pemberton" type="SPAM Protection">
If you are sick of recieving spam and not being able to work out who
sent it to you, there are a number of services that will allow you to
generate an address that allows you to track who sent it to you.  These
require some configuration and requires you to remove the adresses
yourself once you find them to be sending spam.

http://www.spamgourmet.com is different.  It is designed to be used like
a phone card.  Once you have received a set number of email through an
address, the account self-destructs.  After setting up the account, you
simply need to include you username and the number of email you want to
allow (max: 20) as part of the username of the email address.  You can
then attach a string to describe the purpose of the email address.

You don't need to go back to their website each time you need a new
email address, just follow their guide for the syntax of your address
and your away.

The service, even with advanced features, is free.
</tip>

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net