[thelist] live audio webcast

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 15 07:26:01 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 03:32, spinhead wrote:
> What would it take (hardware and software) to do a live webcast, audio only
> (but it would have to be 'good quality' which we'll leave subjective for
> now) ?
>
> joel

Joel

Quite a lot of variables there (music/speech?, audience client?)

For example, Radio Avalon at the 2000 Glastonbury Festival was
broadcast from a Windows Media server in London and fed from
a 5-year-old Dell Latitude laptop plugged into a portable
FM radio. Signal sent over a phone line - stayed in place for
8 days in the Tesco carrier bag I placed it in to protect it
from the dirt.

Mail me off-list and I'll brain-dump it on ya - this is one of
the 'things I do'.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com