[thelist] javascript trick sought

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Tue Jan 15 07:27:46 CST 2002

Cayley,

I do not have time right now to fabricate the overall code, but the concept
is this:

- Ensure that the function to open the popup in the parent window also
records a copy of the window object in a variable and a copy of the called
url into a variable.
- Create a function in the parent window to close the aforementioned window
and change the location of the current (parent) window to the saved url.
- In the popup window, call the parent window's (aka opener) function as
described above.

HTH,
-joshua