[thelist] Form CSS styles

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Tue Jan 15 18:22:55 CST 2002

At 11:17 AM 01/15/2002, Judah McAuley typed:
>I'm looking for examples of nice form styling using CSS.
>
>I've looked at glish, bluerobot, and alistapart but most CSS examples and
>tutorials appear to focus on columns, boxes and text styling, which is
>great, but I'm looking to make my forms more visually appealing.  The
>default formatting for forms (try saying that 5 times fast) is pretty
>ugly, especially the buttons.  I know that I could replace the buttons
>with images, but I prefer having buttons where possible since then I get
>name/value pairs passed.
>
>So I'm looking for good code to steal ;-)
>
>Anyone have any examples that they'd like to share?

Judah,

You're welcome to check out some that I've done if you wish. The CSS,
though, is dumped into 2 external CSS files, one with the @import to keep
NN4 from going ballistic with it.

One is at my business site:
<http://www.skdesigns.com/contact/>

and another is in the testing stage for a client (and won't be there much
longer):

The one for the client has stuff in it that shows up in Mozilla and
Netscape 6 but not elsewhere, too (it's valid W3C stuff, just not supported
yet in other browsers):

<http://www.skdesigns.com/test/hydrologics/oasis/register.html>

BTW, there's lots of dust throughout the site as I'm in the midst of
working on it. None of the forms actually go anywhere yet since it's on my
server and not the client's.... which is also why I'll be moving it to
their server later this week to finish. So yes, I know the forms don't
actually work....

Warmly,
Shirley

--