@import hack (was Re: [thelist] Form CSS styles)

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 21:26:06 CST 2002

--- "Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns" <skaiser1 at skdesigns.com>
wrote:
>The CSS,
> though, is dumped into 2 external CSS files, one with the
> @import to keep
> NN4 from going ballistic with it.

Am I the only one who's found that when you use Tantek
Celik's IE5/5.5 parser hack, that Netscape 4 chokes on the
stylesheet and doesn't use that stylesheet at all?

I've taken to doing this for my stylesheets, and using a
bsic one for NS4, since IMHO @import looks very ugly.

Of course if anyone knows of any versions of NS4 which
don't do this I'll go back to @import.

(BTW, this trick using Tantek's hack was used at the site
design for checking I posted earlier. Go there to see if it
works with your NN4, and test it for me while you're there
please ;)

http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/test/compose.html )