[thelist] CSS: IE vs. Mozilla

Eöl eol1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 01:53:12 CST 2002

Michael,

A couple things.

A) try cleaning up your warning.  Mozilla likes clean
code.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.michaelbuffington.com%2Fcss.html&warning=1&profile=css2

B) make an actually proper html file out of it,
Mozilla likes those proper also (dtd's and such)

Now the actual coding:

1: invalid HTML causing quirks mode, yes Mozilla is
that picky, no that is not a bad thing

2: using <div>s instead of spans makes no sense

3: width: ??px; and display: inline; aren't compatible
when the inline is non-replaced (i.e. just text)...

4: making a table out of divs is not a good idea when
the thing you're making is actually a table which it
seems to be in this case, tell them that (notes 1-4
are from an irc buddy and amazing web developer
dave-e)

try fixing this and see if it works,

Eöl

--- Michael Buffington <mike at stirlingbridge.com>