[thelist] OT: BIOS system password

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Thu Jan 17 12:46:04 CST 2002

Off-topic, but I'm stumped.

I've got an old Micron P166 I was gonna try to put a Linux distro on.  The
hard drive isn't responding, so I was going to try to go into the BIOS setup
to see if those settings are correct (it's a machine I haven't used in 1.5
years).

Trying to get into setup requires a password (why did I put a password on
there??).  For the life of me, I can't remember the password.

So, is there anyway around this little password requirement??

Thanks!

Scott

<tip type="ColdFusion">
One of the new features in ColdFusion 5 is Query of Query, which allows you
to query a previous query's results, thereby saving a trip to the database.

Let's say you run a query to get every user's id, first name, and last name:

<cfquery name="qryUsers" datasource="myDSN">
    SELECT
        user_id,
        first_name,
        last_name
    FROM
        usersTbl
</cfquery>

Now, say later in that page, you also want to get all the users with the
last name of Smith, you'd do this:
<cfquery name="qrySmith" dbtype="query">
    SELECT
        user_id,
        first_name,
        last_name
    FROM
        qryUsers
    WHERE
        last_name = 'Smith'
</cfquery>

Note that the attribute 'dbtype="query"' and also that instead of selecting
from a database table (the FROM clause), you're selecting from the previous
query.
</tip>

Scott Brady
http://www.scottbrady.net/