[thelist] session and/or cookie persistence across an ssl and non-ssl connection

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Jan 17 15:35:43 CST 2002

Hi all-

Once again I have a question for the list.  I'm using session variables in
ASP to store a few pieces of information about users on our site.  It's
basically storing weak security information which is verified on the backend
when critical.  Anyhow, what I have to do is get these sessions which are
created on our SSL (https) site to persist across to our non-SSL site.
These sites are hosted on the same machine, same IP, same hostname.  The
only difference is the protocol.

Can this be done?  Is there anything that could allow me to accomplish this
(even if it doesn't involve sessions/cookies) besides querystring fields?

TIA!

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net