rowspan was Re: [thelist] (no subject)

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Thu Jan 17 20:23:09 CST 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Dan Sundt wrote:

> Hello-
>
> I am trying to construct the following layout:
>

> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> +      +          +          +
> +      +          +          +
> + Col1 +   Col2   +    Col3  +
> +      +   Row1   +    Row1  +
> +      +          +          +
> +      +_____________________+
> +      +          +          +
> +      +          +          +
> +      +          +          +
> +      +   Col2   +   Col3   +
> +      +   Row2   +   Row2   +
> +      +          +          +
> +      +          +          +
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> I have been able to create this layout, but start running into problems when
> adding the second "row" to col2 and col3.

Markup as follows:

Generally speaking, assigning widths to table columns is an all-or-nothing
affair.

When you assign a percentage value to height or width you are referring to
the height or width of the PARENT element... I can't think of a situation
where 'td height="100%"' would actually make a difference in the way the
cell thus marked up would render.

HTH
--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."