[thelist] http://www.webskeleton.com - site review for all browsers

Aleem aleem at mindless.com
Fri Jan 18 12:38:01 CST 2002

I understand the literature at the site needs to be polished up, or
maybe even re-done. Your critiques will be useful, thanks. I didn't
spend much time on it, and I probably will update it over the weekend
(hopefully if my cs assignments don't overburden me).

Quite honestly, the sites in the portfolio are not on the web, well
except for maybe 1 or 2. All the others run locally on my machine... so
I guess I should link them to a local copy of the site, but I am afraid
the links might go down if my computer goes down and I can't afford a
web host at the moment. In this case, would a couple of screen shots
suffice for eac site or I do I really need to consider getting a web
host with DB support ?

> There's a 1x1 px image, and yet it's alt is -------------?

This is strictly for lynx, I found it's an easy way to output text to
text-based browsers. Why I even bother with lynx ? I wish I knew where I
get the urge to...

> The logo.. doesn't really appeal to me. Why not use

I'm currently working on another logo for the site, but W & S don't seem
to mix and match to well and everytime I end up with boring lettering
for "WS". Ideally I would like to have a logo good enough for print
also.

I should've asked before I started the project but... if you were a
client from a small to mid-range company... would you prefer a
professional website or a site profiling a single developer with a
portfolio etc... like I find most other developers have on this list and
that is why I ask in the first place.

Visually, how does the site look and what were your first impressions ?
I have been working at it for a while and am completely unable to judge.
My housemate (doesn't do webdesign or too much browsing even) gave it a
6/10 and it got me worried...

thanks,
-aleem