[thelist] http://www.webskeleton.com - site review for all browsers

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Sat Jan 19 10:52:21 CST 2002

At 1/18/2002 01:53 PM, Aleem typed:
>I am a sole developer and I simply don't know how to
>go about fishing for clients.

For starters, put yourself in situations where you can network with people
who would potentially hire you. Trade shows, expos, industry associations, etc.

>  Would I email hr at poor sites... ??

Go warily if you ever attempt this. Especially smaller companies. You never
know whose toes you may tread on. If you ever do decide to contact
companies about their (in your opinion) poorly done sites, be sure that
your language and tone are appropriate.

A good article on this - how to deliver recommendations while minimising
feather-ruffling - can be found here
http://www.asktog.com/columns/047HowToWriteAReport.html

read it carefully! :-)

regards.