[thelist] Which browsers to download for testing

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Sat Jan 19 10:52:24 CST 2002

At 18:16 2002-01-18 -0500, Bob Boisvert wrote:
>I need a little help in deciding which browsers to download for testing.  I
>currently run everything under ie 5.5, I would like to limit the amount of
>browsers on my system to the top 3 major browsers for testing my projects
>(only because it's going to slow down my system quite a bit).
>
>Which browsers should I download and which version of those suggested?

On windows Platform:
  - Mozilla, newest version availible until 1.0, where you should stop for
awhile, since most full-version Mozilla based browsers will fork from that
release.
  - Internet Explorer. Version 6.0 if you want to code for the future,
version 5 or possibly 5.5 if you code for the past.
  - Opera 6.
(- Lynx)
(- Netscape Navigator 4.79)

On Macintosh platform: