[thelist] RE: Most standards compliant browser?

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Sun Jan 20 16:53:45 CST 2002

>================================
>You mean, like the standard where cookies are not world readable? :)
>================================
>
>Thanks for any such lists, but I am looking for specific, citable
>references. I need references that would permit me to show that IE does not
>do something that a standard requires.
>
>Thanks in advance for all such assistance.

Sorry James, I was just making a silly cheap shot because Jeff's
unbacked up assertion bugged me.

Here's a CSS 1 comparison by evolt's own Eric Meyer:
http://www.webreview.com/style/css1/charts/mastergrid.shtml
Unfortunately, it doesn't include IE 6.

There's another chart here:
http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/academy/browser_support/generated_content.html
(watch url wrap)
Which includes IE 6, and compares CSS1 and 2 support. Unfortunately
they want you to cough up $19 for the full, detailed, version. Here
again, NS6 is better than IE 6, but it appears Opera 5 is more
compliant again.

Peter-Paul Koch has a more thorough chart of CSS2 support here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/css2tests/
This one even features a 'top 10' browser list. :) IE 6 is in 5th
place, IE 5 for Mac is two positions above at number 3. Netscape 6 is
in first place, while Opera 5 and 6 are in second.

I just found these via a quick google search, it shouldn't be too
hard to dig up some more.

Hope that helps,
Andrew

--