[thelist] Unable to access links on oracle's site.

Andrew Clover and at doxdesk.com
Mon Jan 21 06:28:33 CST 2002

Sandeep Singh <sandeep_singh at infy.com> wrote:

>   I am not facing this problem with any other site.
>   Could anyone provide an explanation for this?

Oracle's web developers are complete morons who ought to be slapped in
the face.

For some reason all their inner pages are framesets written by JavaScript.
If JavaScript is disabled, or not supported by your browser, or frames are
not supported, or, for example, you're a spider like a search engine,
Oracle simply won't allow you to see any content. They don't even provide
a direct link to the page you requested in the error message, which would
have been trivially easy to do.

So if you really want to read their site, check JavaScript is enabled in
Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Internet Zone -> Custom Level...
-> Active Scripting. Or alternatively don't bother and read some other
site that's less badly designed. ;-)

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com