@import hack (was Re: [thelist] Form CSS styles)

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 07:18:43 CST 2002

--- "Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns" <skaiser1 at skdesigns.com>
wrote:
> I wonder where we'll be with version 7 browsers. Let's
> hope they're even
> more standards compliant and that version 4 browsers will
> have finally
> disappeared.

Hehe... I wonder am I the only person to consider that what
we've really got at the moment is version 5 browsers?

In my eyes. Netscape 6 - Really version 5. Changed to 6
because they took too long. IE6 - Rushed, to match
Netscape's version. Really IE 5.6. Even Opera.. Opera 6 =
Opera 5.2. There's not that much chnaged between the two,
apart form the ui itself (which because of that banner ad
is horrendously huge).

Has anyone actually looked at a site for testing it in
Opera 6 at 640 x 480? You get about a quarter of the screen
vertical space for the actual page... with icons turned
down to text..

I'd be happy just to see some REAL version 6 browsers.
Although, Netscape since 6.1 have been fairly good..

Lach