[thelist] SQL basic questions

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 21 22:04:57 CST 2002

> I also thought that I should mention that its generally not a
> good practice to be creating tables on the fly like this,
> unless you're building a web database mgmt type tool. . same
> goes for adding/editing columns. . it would be better to
> design a database that could handle all sorts of crazy
> situations to begin with rather than to have to create tables
> on the fly to meet your needs.
>
> Maybe if you explain a bit about what you're trying to
> achieve with this code we can help some more :)

Well its just that, an admin page. Basically a setup page. I just want
an overly-easy way to create 2 tables, without having to do it manually,
especially since this going to be used on different servers and moved
around a lot, it would simplify it.

And this would be only run once anyways. Basically create a table with
X, Y, Z fields, and another table with A, B, C and setup the fields.

Than it goes onto adding the admin user info and password and such into
on of the tables and the page is never accessed again unless needing to
change some admin thing.

Thanks

ted