[thelist] Update Query not running

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Tue Jan 22 14:06:24 CST 2002

Tab wrote:

> have you tried printing out your sql statement with the values plugged
> in before it tries to run?  sometimes you'll see typos and other
> hose-ups that way..

Well, I'm not getting any errors (if I change the query to force an error, I
do get an error message), so I don't think there are any typos.  And, if I
take the WHERE clause out, it works just fine (which means the meat of the
query works).  It's just the WHERE clause isn't finding the row [yet doing a
SELECT statement with that exact same WHERE clause does return the row]

I'm also outputting the value of #Request.user_id# and comparing it manually
with what's in the database and it's correct.

Scott
Scott Brady
http://www.scottbrady.net/