[thelist] Linux diskwipe tool?

font9a font9a at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 22 20:47:39 CST 2002

low-level format should do the trick.

A regular format (as you probably already know) does not necessarily mean
some of the drive's previous data cannot be restored. (Sorry for the double
negative).

A crafty and well-funded malcontent could get your old data with a regular
format. I believe a low-level format erases the drive completely.

-- font9a