[thelist] Transfer SQL databases on disk

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 22 23:59:12 CST 2002

Hey everyone, I have a quick question, hopefully simple.

Is there a way to transfer MS SQL database to a disk to save and later
put on another machine, all the while maintaing tables and data?

I figured if I copy the data files for the database (right clicking and
setting that destination) that should work. Will this cover all my bases
and all for easy setup on another machine (eg, create new database and
set datafiles as to those I copied).

This is basically the only way I can transfer the database, due to my
conditions. Thanks.

ted