[thelist] Advice/help on drop-down menus for IE4.5 for Mac

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Wed Jan 23 10:52:39 CST 2002

> a navigation bar with
> drop-down menus. On most of the browsers I've tested it on, the menus
> work great, but the only one that's not fully supported is the one most
> commonly used by the church staff - IE 4.5 for Mac.
>
> The site is accessible at http://www.bluethingy.com/mknepher/stjames/

I'd suggest either disabling the pulldown menus with browser detection
(allowing users to click directly on the top level menu options) or
finding another script; the ones at <http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/> are
quite good.

I love the layout and visual design of the site but found a problem in
that in IE5.1 on Mac, resizing the window after loading means that the
"pulldown" menu options don't line up with the top level menu options
any more. (There are a lot of broken links too, but I guess that the
site is under construction.)

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl>

(PS - I'm sure that there's some kind of joke in there involving
evangelism and browser upgrades, but it may be in poor taste.)