[thelist] design (?) review

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 01:00:38 CST 2002

> From: "spinhead" <evolt at spinhead.com>
[...]
> One respondent volunteered the opinion that the home page is
> 'unorganized and naive.' My immediate response is, "It's functional,
> not aesthetic." But I'd still like your opinion. I've posted a screen
> shot at
>
> http://www.magisnetworks.com/images/netmagis_screenshot.gif

nav column...
- no delineation between links... add vertical white space, drop the
text size, and consider a vertical rule as well to the right of them...
- the white space under Phone List means something?
- HelpDesk is just crammed in there...
- perhaps drop the nav so it's in line with the rest of the content
(like January)...

events column...
- make it a table... it has three/four discrete "columns" of data, so
make it such... this way i can quickly scan it by column as well as
cleaning up the alignment, which makes it look less haphazard...

content column...
- some padding within the blue box...

banner...
- the graphic at the top of the page nearly lines up with the first two
"columns" of the page... intentional?  if so, make it really fit, if not,
adjust it...
- header has no demarcation of its end... the shapes seem to flow
into the content, making it look three tall columns instead of a
contiguous header for the top of a page...

bed...