[thelist] httpd.conf

noah noah at tookish.net
Thu Jan 24 02:44:32 CST 2002

At 03:37 AM 24/01/2002, Philippe Jadin wrote:
>I'm not sure that typing httpd would restart apache. You'd better try
>'apachectl graceful' this should restart apache for you, also man
>apachectl will give you another option that lets you check your httpd.conf
>file before restarting (iirc).
>
>Also worth checking twice that you are sure the httpd.conf file is the
>right one.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I get "apachectl; command not found." I
tried to find it, but apparently I don't have permission to access it in
any of the places that it showed up (I'm on a virtual server).

As to your second point, I think you're right. When I was typing "httpd" it
was using an httpd.conf in a directory other than mine.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks,
Noah