[thelist] WinME: Dialup Networking Auto-connect Problems

Andrew Clover and at doxdesk.com
Thu Jan 24 11:55:46 CST 2002

> I've discovered that if you ask for a logon screen the remember-password
> feature works.

Ahhhhh! I've never read that anywhere before - good tip. I never bothered
with the Win9x login dialogue since it's pointless on a single-user system.
But that sounds very likely to be it, indeed.

> I guess it's a matter of security.

Well, a storing-all-passwords in a user PWL thing anyway. It can't
really offer any proper security since FAT has no user-access controls.

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com
http://and.doxdesk.com/