[thelist] [JSP] File uploads in Apache vs Tomcat

Howard Cheng howcheng at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 24 13:21:01 CST 2002

Here is an issue which is vexing us and perhaps someone here knows the
solution.

We are running a JSP site using Apache 1.3.22 as the web server and Tomcat
4 as the JSP server. We have one form that has a file upload component (we
are using the com.oreilly.servlet package). The user uploads an image which
is then stored as a blob in the database (MySQL 3.23.47).

Problem: When you upload a JPEG image while connected through Apache, the
image gets corrupted -- if you view it in the browser it just comes up as a
broken image icon. If you connect directly to Tomcat, though, it works fine.

Anyone know what we can do to Apache to fix this?

Thanks.

Howard Cheng
howcheng at ix.netcom.com
AIM: bennyphoebe