[thelist] dynamic table sorting and column display

Denis, David DDenis at inlumen.com
Thu Jan 24 16:48:01 CST 2002

Two part question, mainly looking for examples online or ideas on general
approach.  What I'll have is a table with say 100-200 results, with 4
columns (there will be optionally 30 columns to choose from).  I want to
have controls/buttons/whatever to turn "on and off" additional columns for
display.  I'll also want to eventually add sorting up/down of the columns
based on value.  I'm thinking of going the DOM approach rather than try to
show/hide all those divs and layers (IE5+ and Netscape 6+ is fine).
Interested to hear if anyone has worked with interacting with large amounts
of tabular data and many form controls in the browser.  This strikes me as
something that would be great for a java applet but that's not really an
option.

Dave