[thelist] dynamic table sorting and column display

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Thu Jan 24 17:05:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis, David" <DDenis at inlumen.com>
Subject: RE: [thelist] dynamic table sorting and column display

: But I'd like to avoid the roundtrip to the database to add another column
: for display.  I'd like to preload all the columns available and let the
user
: decide which ones to display.  Turning on all the columns will result in a
: large page, scrolling horizontally.  The user will probably only be
showing
: 4-5 different columns at a time.

David,

Do you have control over which browser is used for display?  Different
browsers have different levels of support for XML, Divs, dynamic HTML, etc
and will have an impact on how this tool is coded.

-joshua