[thelist] dynamic table sorting and column display

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:07:01 CST 2002

Hmm... not to step on your toes, as I'm sure you have a good logical reason
for that but I must ask this: why wouldn't you want to make trips to the
database?  You'll save yourself days of development time trying to make
everything work client-side, and your users will be much happier not having
to download information they don't need (or at least your sysadmins will
since you won't be dumping on their networks).

Couldn't you initially show them 4-5 columns of info and have them decide
what to view after they see those?  Or better yet, have them select which
columns they'd like to see initially, then display the results and let them
alter those as necessary?  It's going to be much easier to sort that way and
probably a lot easier to display the data to begin with.

Just curious, as I said you probably have a reason and I'm just not seeing
it because I need to go home. ;)

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net