[thelist] Database design - where does that letter go?

David Shadovitz david at shadovitz.com
Fri Jan 25 00:38:01 CST 2002

> HotelReserves
> Hotels

Thanks, Chris and Jason.

I was thinking of adding a table called Letters {PK LetterID, LetterText}.

Letters:RaceTracksDrivers would be 1:N.  (Is it weird to have a table in a 1:N
relationship with a "join" table?)

RaceTracksDrivers would be expanded to {PK RaceTrackID, PK DriverID, FK
LetterID, FK HotelID}.  If the letter covered other things, such as how much a
Driver would be paid for each race, those things could be represented as fields
within RaceTracksDrivers.

And we'd have Hotels {PK HotelID, HotelName}.

-David