[thelist] stripping browser brand on page titles

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Jan 25 17:08:14 CST 2002

> > Is it possible to remove "Microsoft Internet Explorer" or "Nestcape"
> > (etc) from page titles?. How? We've been asked to do it on a couple of
> > pop-up windows.
>
> For MSIE
>
> regedit
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
>
> and
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
>
> edit the Window Title key from "Microsoft Internet Explorer" to whatever
you
> like.
>
> You're on your own for Netscape! Try 'find'...
>
> lonk

Keys don't exist on my machine. Any idea if that's a KEY of 'Window Title'
with a DWORD or string in it, or what's the exact config? This would be just
a bit cool for our intranet.

joel

<tip type="quotes in VBScript generated styles and JavaScript"
author="spinhead">
Using 'Response.Write' to create styles or JavaScript on the fly? Unless
your attributes are quoted, it can be problematic. Write a macro in your
text editor of choice to write " & CHR(34) & " and hit your quickkey (I use
ALT+Q in TextPad) and save yourself some keystrokes.
</tip>