[thelist] .tar.gz

Allie Micka allie at pajunas.com
Sun Jan 27 11:34:01 CST 2002

> Anyone know a good Win98 app that can unpack .tar.gz files?  I know that
> WinZip can unpack them, but a lot of perl scripts, etc are tarred
> first then
> gzipped, and my version of WinZip can't handle .tar files.

I have had success with the current version of Winzip (8?), which appears to
handle both tar and gz files.  Usually when I click on the file it unpacks
the .gz and then says something along the lines of "This file contains one
archive, would you like to open it?"  clicking yes opens a winzip window for
the tar file.

Good luck!
Allie Micka