[thelist] Newbie dns question

Lisa Frost lisa at koolfish.com
Mon Jan 28 07:53:06 CST 2002

Can some one tell me is a dns name the same as change ip ?

One of my clients has a .de domain registered with register.com and he
changed the ip address as there was no option to change the dns as with
.com names.  It is still showing register.com name servers after 5 days
and support at register.com won't change them for me as I am not the
owner so I need to explain all this to my client.

For example
ns.newdream.net 207.155.127.155

Is 207.155.127.155 the ip address? And is this therefore the same as
ns.newdream.net ?

Thank you

Lisa

<tip type= photoshop 6>
Preserving transparency
Without locking the transparent pixels in the layers panel you can still
fill only the opaque pixels in a layer by pressing the following keys:
Shift+Alt+Backspace for foreground colour and Ctrl+Shift+Backspace for
background colour.
</tip>